Thursday, May 28, 2009

"even 3-4!"

Annagail (age 2) was scribbling on white paper with some crayons while I was doing some admin things for AWANA a few minutes ago. She said, "Look Mama!", showing me her scribbles with that precious toddler pride.



"Oh my Annagail!" I said, as I held up her multi-colored swirls and scribbles, "That is Beeeeeautiful! Did you do that all by yourself?"



Her shoulders went up to her ears and her chest puffed out a little and she said, "uh-huh".



"Oh it is just so pretty! You are SUCH a great colorer (yes, that is what I said. Mommies get to make up words). Who made you to be such a wonderful colorer?" I asked.



"Ummmmmm. God." she answered.



Hugging her now I replied,"Yes He did baby. Do you know how MUCH God loves you?!?!?!?!"



She pulled away from me and whipped around to look me right in the eye. Her eyes got perfectly round and tipped over her nose as if she knew I would be SHOCKED at the number she was about to tell me. She held up five chubby little fingers and said, "Even 3,4 Mama!"



"3,4?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!" I said and she shook her head yes and said, "uh-huh. I know" and went about starting anew masterpiece.



1 comment:

Erin Emigh Stanford said...

What an amazing little girl! Such a blessing!