Monday, October 19, 2009

12:19 am

It is already tomorrow, but I have a minute while the cupcakes are cooling, so I figured I had no excuse for NOT checking in-HA!

Is it really just Monday?!?!?!?

Nathan and I enjoyed a wonderfully long weekend away and alone. It was a great weekend and we spent almost nothing. We almost went to a movie until I realized that it has been FAR too long since we went to a movie and I couldn't bare to spend the money. Instead we found the nearest Red Box and rented FOUR movies. We slept until 10 or 11 everyday and we ate a late breakfast at the "Awful Waffle"-- a place that we spent many a sleepless study night while we were dating. We ordered soup, salad, and breadsticks TO GO from Olive Garden and just hung out together. It was SUCH a great time. We laughed for hours and slept for hours. Thank you to my in-laws for taking SUCH good care of our kids while we were gone. They got all of the big kids to school on Friday and even supervised Saturday morning chores. The kids were happy to see us, but also sad for their own weekend to end!

So today is Monday and after we got the 3 big kids to school we:
-worked out at the gym.
-did lunch parent duty.
-took a card around for MaryEvelyn's class to sign.
-took the two youngest Murrays to the Chik for lunch.
-picked up Cooper early due to a "headache" that vanished as soon as he got in the car.
-paid a few bills
-afternoon carpool.
-supervised homework.
-washed a load of laundry.
-baked home made lasagna.
-modified and prepared my parent order forms for a new preschool portrait date (to be delivered tomorrow)
-baked cupcakes for MaryEvelyn's class for tomorrow.

As soon as the cupcakes cool enough to be stored, I am headed to bed, so that I can:

-read over my Bible Study text again.
-ice the cupcakes
-rearrange the kids' planned uniforms for the week due to a weather change.
-make breakfast.
-and pack lunches (Xs 7)

before we head out to start our TUESDAY. It is a good thing we had this past weekend to rest up!

Have a Super day!

3 comments:

PotterMama said...

you ARE a busy mama!
We had lasagna too! =-)

debi9kids said...

OMGOSH! Your time alone sounds HEAVENLY and perfect! nothing better than just relaxing alone with the one you love :)

ps Funny about being in your backyard ;) Next time I come down, we should meet up. I think there are a bunch of bloggers in your neck of the "woods"

Anonymous said...

I LOVE how busy your life is! I love that there's always something going on and you always have a story to tell. I am so glad you two got some rest, but I am truly blessed by your "Busy Mama" updates! :-)