Monday, August 13, 2007

T-Minus Two weeks until school starts.

I have set our "back to school" date for August 27th. I picked the date, because that is when everything seems to kick in for us; AWANAs, dance classes, etc. It just seemed like a good date. Plus, it will give me a couple of weeks to get used to Nathan's heavy class schedule, in addition to his work schedule, before we start.

So now I am busy, with any free moment I have, doing the detail organization. I am getting materials I need gathered and getting all of the little things ready. It is funny, because you THINK that once you decide on curriculum or style or whatever you are going to do that the hard part is over, planning-wise. Now, getting the details organized, my head is swimming. Honestly though, there is so much to choose from that I find myself having a hard time narrowing down exercises or projects. I don't want to overload my little ones, but there are SO MANY neat ideas out there. I spent the kids' entire nap-time saving and printing pictures of landmarks in Paris to go along with our first FIAR book we are rowing, Madeline.

I am excited. I am glad that THEY are excited too. I need to remember to pray for our school now before those times of chaos arrive.

For now I need to sleep. Morning comes far too early in this house these days and I need to get up AHEAD of it to accomplish all the things that need to be done before even the sun goes to work :)

Have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

Ginger DeBusk said...

Praying for you all as you enter a new school year. Can't wait to hear about it.