Friday, August 31, 2007

Our First Week of Homeschooling

I wrote a long post about our week and it's ups and downs, but because I know that a few of my dear friends that follow my blog are contemplating homeschooling, I decided to revisit this week at a later date when I have more perspective (and hindsight!) on it. I will sum it up by saying that, overall it was a good week. Not all things went according to plan and I had to completely rethink a few of my "great" ideas. However, here I am on Friday feeling encouraged, protected, affirmed, and held by the Lord throughout this week. The girls are happy with their week and I know that they truly enjoyed themselves. I feel closer to them and my Little ones than I did last Friday, honestly.

All the other details will work themselves out with time and experience. The Lord our God is good and He knew that I needed this little note this morning via Oswald Chambers' words,

Be rightly related to God, find your joy there, and out of you will flow rivers of living water. Be a centre for Jesus Christ to pour living water through. Stop being self-conscious, stop being a sanctified prig, and live the life hid with Christ. The life that is rightly related to God is as natural as breathing wherever it goes. The lives that have been of most blessing to you are those who are unconscious of it.

No comments: