Thursday, October 23, 2008

fel·low·ship


fel·low·ship : The companionship of individuals in a congenial atmosphere and on equal terms.

I enjoyed SUCH blessed fellowship last night. My MOPS' discussion group (5 of us form the group anyway) met for coffee and dessert. It was a blessed event for me.

Nathan came home from work and told me to do whatever I wanted-he would be cooking dinner, so I could my night was free to do whatever I wanted. I decided to retreat to our room and use the entire 2 hours, slowly getting ready to meet my friends. It was so nice to take a shower with only the amount of hot water in our water heater as my deadline. It has been so chilly out, that it just felt wonderful to just STAND under the hot water with no rush at all hurrying me. I got ready a little, then I would sit and read a little. It was absolutely the BEST start to my night.

When I finally made my grand exit, I actually felt like a female. I even managed to squeeze the last few, tiny mists out of my favorite perfume that has been evaporating in the bottle for the last 6 months. I drove to the place we were meeting and I enjoyed listening to some great praise music on he way. (I love singing at he top of my lungs in the car!)

When I got to the restaurant, 3 ladies had already arrived. I love the low-lit, but very relaxed atmosphere of the place we met. By the time the last of our party arrived, we were already laughing and having a great time.

For having only known most of these ladies for a few weeks, I really had a great time of fellowship with them. We were all relaxed and pleasant. There was no precociousness or putting on of heirs. Most importantly, there was NO COMPETITION. It was just good fellowship. There was such comfort in that. We shut down the place and I didn't get home until after 11pm.

Thursdays are my hardest days as Nathan has a full day of classes and work. Today I felt very refreshed and revived from my time last night. It is amazing to me what good companionship in the Lord can do for your spirit.

Thank you, sweet friends, for being genuine and loving women of faith. I am already looking forward to next month's get together!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I just caught up on your posts....i loved being encouraged by the way you parent your sweet children and love on your hubby! thanks! can't wait to hear more in person this week!!!

Faye Creech said...

Sounds so wonderful! It's so important, I think, to have those sweet times of fellowship with other Moms. Hope you have a great week!
-F

Janet said...

I saw you on Christian Mom bloggers. I enjoyed your blog. I love the quote about the flexible!

junglemama said...

How awesome. I loved the mother's group I used to attend.