Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mmm-Mmmm-GOOD!

This afternoon when Nathan got home from work, our house was a BUZZ with the smell of fresh bread baking in m new....
Nathan got it for me this week and I couldn't have been more excited. My first loaf of bread (made with wheat I had just ground in the Whisper Mill I got for Christmas) turned out really well. It was yummy and the kids couldn't get enough. I ground some more wheat this evening and set up the machine to have fresh bread for us again in the morning. You can't beat that.
Why do I grind my wheat and make fresh, wholesome, wheat bread for my family? Read this article written by Sue Becker, of the Bread Beckers of GA, to learn more. I first heard of this process from the Titus 2 woman who taught the Bible study I took on The Excellent Wife . Back then I thought it was way too much for me to tackle. Then my SIL got into it and she made it seem easier and more doable. So, I thought about it and decided that one day I would try it. I read and read about the healthy attributes and FINALLY I decided to give it a try. By the time I got the mill for Christmas this past year, I had been "studying up" on what I wanted to do with it for about a year. Nutritional aspects aside, it is the best tasting bread I have had.
Before I got my Zo, I had already ground my own wheat and hand made things like dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, pizza crust, etc. I am looking forward to experimenting more with my ZO and making all sorts of yummy creations once we get settled at our new place. I am also planning to make a couple of loaves a week to share with a neighbor or someone that the Lord puts on my heart. I am hoping that, as I wrote about in my last post, this too will become an opportunity to share more than just my home baked bread : )
Have a SUPER WEEKEND!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

MMMMMMMMM ... frsh baked whole wheat bread -- there's nothing better!!

So exciting about the ZO ... have fun and if you have any questions, just ask -- I have had to tweak my settings from time to time ...

Going to get re-inspired this morning at the GHEA homeschool conference and hear the "Do Not Eat the Bread of Idleness" presentation again.

I tagged you ... visit my blog :)

Peace...
~Heather